The Elections Coordinating Committee (ECC) is seeking a consultant to act as an expert for the
ECC to finalize its five-year Strategic Plan under the current Elections and Democracy Activity (EDA) program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with technical support from Democracy International (DI) having a Project titled: Institutional and Technical Strengthening of the ECC.
The consultant would with the ECC National Coordinator and Board Chairperson to finalize the ECC Strategic Plan based on feedback from the review process.
The objective of this consultancy considers the full completion of the ECC five-year Strategic Plan that serves as a guide for the organization’s strategic direction in its program implementation and institutional strengthening.
The primary role of the consultant would be to work with the ECC National Coordinator and Board Chairperson to complete the Strategic Plan incorporating comments and suggestions from the review process. Who We Are
The Elections Coordinating Committee (ECC), established in 2010, is Liberia’s largest domestic election observation network. As a coalition, the ECC comprised seven Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that have transitioned legally to become the ECC Board of Directors and Owners’ Council. Each Board member is a leader within Liberia CSO network and has made an impact in the field of peacebuilding, democracy, rights, and governance because of their diverse competencies experiences, and expertise in delivering programs to women, youth, traditional leaders, policymakers, and the media as their direct beneficiaries. The ECC governance structure includes an Owner’s Council, a Board of Directors, and a secretariat.
Duration and Location:
The duration of the consultancy is twelve days, starting August 15-23, 2022. This period will include the finalization of the plan, incorporation of Board members’ suggestions and feedback and facilitating a one-day signing session.
Tasks and Deliverables
- Work with ECC National Coordinator and Chairperson to finalize the ECC five-year Strategic Plan by incorporating comments from the review session. (5 days-August 1519, 2022)
- Facilitate a feedback session with the Coordinator and Chairperson through email and one-on-one discussion (2 days-August 20-21, 2022)
- Incorporate comments from the feedback Sessions and forward them to Board members for final review and adoption. (1 day- August 22, 2022)
- Serve as a witness in the signing and adoption of policies by the Board members (1 day- August 23, 2022)
Terms of Consultancy
1. The consultancy will take place from August 8-19, 2022, for a maximum of 12 days. This period includes the incorporation of feedback, finalization, and one day for signing and adoption.
3. Work with the ECC National Coordinator to solicit the signatures of all Board Members and relevant actors into the final document as well as printing and binding.
- Must possess all other relevant documents and proof of eligibility as is required to provide such services.
- The Consultant must demonstrate the skills and competencies within the scope of the consultancy
Equal Opportunity and Selection Criteria.
Equal opportunity will be provided to all applicants void of discrimination. A selection review panel will comprise members of the ECC Board of Directors and the ECC National
Coordinator. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the selected individual will be contacted immediately.
Deadline for application: August 12, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The application package should include an Expression of Interest and all other relevant documents and proof of eligibility to provide such services.
All applications should be submitted to the Elections Coordinating Committee (ECC) Secretariat
Office located on 10th Street, Sinkor-adjacent the Steven’s Episcopal Church and addressed to Cllr. Oscar V. Bloh, Chairperson-ECC. Working hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00pm, Mondays to Fridays.